Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Airport pet peeves

My airport pet peeves:

1. Airline employees who are unhelpful and/or incompetent, as in, "Why do you want to change your seat?" or (after I have just completed a 43-mile hike inside the airport, only to discover that I had hiked in the WRONG DIRECTION:) "No, I didn't tell you it was Concourse H; you said Concourse S." (See: "The customer is always wrong.")

2.Unhelpful or contradicting a signs and instructions: "Tram to Terminal S4, Gates H, J, K, L" but since we don't know which gate our flight is at because they won't post that information until 30 minutes before the scheduled departure, we don't know which stop to get off at, or whether we even need to take the tram, and yet we are supposed to check in at the gate 40 minutes beofre departure. (See: "Catch-22")

3. People who get off the escalator and then just STOP and STAND THERE right at the end while they try to figure out the signs, causing me to plow into them suddenly and violently with my roll-on luggage. (See: Phyllis, in the airport, with the suitcase.)

No comments: